Shop Hop Premiums
There was some confusion during the 2012 Shop Hop due to an error in distribution of the cutting mat and ruler which together comprised the 2012 premium. Country Treasures received 24 mats and 12 rulers to be distributed to our first Hoppers. However, Country Treasures distributed the mat and ruler separately resulting in dissatisfaction among some Hoppers. We have therefore reordered and now received more mats and rulers but we only know the names of a few of the disappointed Hoppers. If you are one of the 36 Hoppers who received a single premium item from Country Treasures during the Shop Hop please give us a call or send us an email stating which premium item you did not receive and we will be happy to mail the missing premium item to you or please stop in and we can give it to you.
Spring has sprung and the garden may be calling, but we have an abundance of new fabrics to tempt you to spend some hours inside!
- Two attractive lines from Andover: Sea and Blue
- Several metallic lines from Clothworks designed by Laurel Burch: Flying Colors, Laurel Burch Triangle, Laurel Burch Glitter, and Laurel Burch Color Dot
- Calypso Dragonfly from Fabri-Quilt
- Three new lines from Henry Glass: Butterfield, Giselle, and the whimsical Down Under
- A lovely Asian collection from Robert Kaufman called Under the Australian Sun
- Garden Gazing, a new line from Kona which is featured in a kit in two colorways
- Two lines from Marcus Brothers are each featured in a new kit: Centennial pieces up beautifully in the kit “Amish With a Twist,” and Vintage Rouge takes top billing under its own name
- Two lines from Moda: Summer Breeze and Sand hill Plums (a whopping 37 fabrics!)
- A bonanza from Quilting Treasures: All Aboard—a Thomas the Tank Engine novelty line, Magnolia Gone with the Wind, Spice Cats (2), a fun diner line called Today’s Special (11), an ode to coffee called Daily Grind (5), Bugs Picnic, Give Thanks 10 fabrics, Christmas Time (Peanuts) 13 fabrics, Happiness is (Peanuts) 13 fabrics
- Two lines designed by Jo Morton: Bridgeport and Sunday Best
- Last but not least, a seashore line which features lighthouses from Windham Fabrics called Chesapeake
As you may gather from the information above, we have many new kits and will be featuring several on our website. You may telephone to purchase and we will be happy to either mail your kit to you or simply hold it for your next visit to the shop. Check out the website for more information about a few favorites.
- Garden Gazing, kits in two colorways: Tropical and Cool
- Local Hero’s, a quilt for that fireman in your life
- Caroline’s Collection
- Subtle Song
- Giselle, featured on the website
- Down Under, a collection of kangaroos, koala bears, platypuses, sounds like fun!
- Twisted Tree
Other Shop News
We offer our congratulations to Carolyn Niesuchouski for her Second Place Ribbon at the Long Island Quilt Show for her quilt Compass Deconstructus!
This month we also host our Spring Quilt Retreat in Chester, Vermont from May 31 to June 3. The theme of this year’s retreat is Irish since we will be wishing Sue bon voyage. She is off to Ireland on a nine-day trip to the International Quilting Festival in Ireland.
Here’s another reminder that Country Treasures is CLOSED ON MONDAYS. Our hours remain the same on the other days: Tuesday through Saturday 10 am to 5 pm, Sunday 12 noon till 4 pm. We will be open on Memorial Day, May 28, 2012, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM. We will also be open all day for certain Sundays from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM: June 3rd (Spring Quilter’s Retreat) and July 1st (Vermont Quilt Fair).
More soon at Threading the News.
Yours in quilting,
Sue and Staff