Friday, February 4, 2011

Our First Blog February 4, 2011

Welcome to Country Treasure’s brand new blog. We are calling it Threading The News!
We hope to be able to “blog” once a week or so to let our quilters know what’s happening !
Carolyn and Sarah sat down  a couple of weeks ago with our sales rep, Pauline, from Checkers, our notions distributor. In the next couple of months we are expecting a lot of new items that we can’t wait to show to you.
We just received our first shipment which includes:
Mary Ellen’s Best Press, a great spray product for removing those stubborn wrinkles in fabrics. There are six scents (say that 3 times fast!) to choose from and one scentless.
A new ruler for cutting triangles for ½ square and ¼ square triangles
Sarah has already tried our Print ‘n Fuse which is sheets of Wonder Under that go into your printer, eliminating a lot of tracing! Come in and see her Valentine sample – Wrapped in Love by Patch Abilities.
Have you tried Betty Bands?  This is an alternative to machine quilting gloves that leaves your fingers free to manipulate while still gripping the fabric.
New fabrics arrived last week too:
Hydrangeas from Clothworks 
Hurrah – patriotic and Ember Reds and EverGreens – reproductions  by Jo Morton, for  Andover.
We have been kitting up lots of projects for you:
Life on The Farm – Wilmington Fabrics
Tangled Threads – Red Rooster
Best Friends – Clothworks
Don’t forget the Vermont Shop Hop will be here before you know it! Passports are available. 17 Shops are participating this year!
That’s it for this week. Please check back with us in a week or “sew” .
Sue & Staff

9 comments:

  1. Yay!! So glad that you started a blog! Now I can really keep up with you wonderful ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I visited your shop last June and bought several items and fabric. I'll be following your blog from Denver!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you started a blog-- fun to keep up with whats new-- would like you to add some photos like a newspaper -- Keep up the good work-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!! I just blogged about finishing my current block for your BOM a couple of days ago. I'm planning on posting each of the blocks as I finish them. LOVE The block!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops!! I have you mixed up with Quilted Threads in Henniker! Darn, sorry about that. I'm still looking forward to seeing all of the fun stuff from your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you created a way for us to regularly stay in touch with all you great ladies!Your show is one of my favorite places to be. I hope to see you all again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like the new fabrics will be in time for the Shop Hop! You are always our first stop!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please Please update your classes - the listing on your web site is extremely out dated--
    If you are going to have a Web site it is very important that you keep it up to date - it reflects on your store and your business -

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blog is really good. I hope you always update it. I will pick and pack all of your blog post.

    ReplyDelete